• *Acute: a condition that is severe and sudden in onset that, if left untreated, could lead to a chronic syndrome.
• **Chronic: a long-developing syndrome that can develop or worsen over an extended period of time.
• Each child with medical needs requires their own individualized plan. If significant changes and updates are required to this individualized plan, a new individualized plan must be completed.
• An additional individualized plan is not required for a child with an anaphylactic allergy, if the child does not otherwise have a medical need, as these children must already have an individualized plan under the anaphylactic policy.
• Children’s personal health information should be kept confidential.